The Most Poisonous Plants In The World

Your favorite plant is beautiful and has attractive flowers, but despite the beauty, it might be the most poisonous plant which can cause you headaches, choking, or even kill you. Most plants are harmless, have medicinal properties, are used in cosmetic products, but there are some that need special precautions. Learn which are poison plants because some may raise in your backyard. Here are the most poisonous plants in the world.

Poisonous Flowers

  • Hydrangea

poisonous plants

These ruffles shrubs are very popular decorations and are grown in many gardens. When they are fully flowering, with a tempting pink colour, they look like a ball of sugar wool. If you eat these flowers, you will have abdominal pain beginning a few hours after eating. Other symptoms include itching, vomiting, weakness, and even coma.

  • Lily of the Valley  (lat.Convallaria majalis)

poisonous plants

Cute, bowed flowers, but totally toxic – from the root till the peaks and beautiful and delicate white flowers. If you accidentally eat part of the plant you will experience nausea, vomiting, pain, cramps and reduced heartbeat.

  •  Anthurium

poisonous plants

This interesting and decorative flower, which grow in tropical forests have less bizarre appearance, with dark green leaves and interesting flat strong red flowers. But if you eat it, you will feel a sharp burning sensation in the mouth and throat swelling.

  •  Chrysanths

poisonous plants

There are about 200 species of chrysanths, which are very popular and are often part of many bouquets. It is grown in gardens, especially to chase rabbits. Guess why? The flowers are poisonous, even touching can cause itching and swelling, or even severe allergic reaction.

  • Ficus

poisonous plants

There are many types of ficus, and various names.On the image is displayed the Ficus Benjamina, which in many homes is used as a decorative plant. But its leaves and trees secrete, a milky juice causes itching, swelling and allergies.

  •  Narcissus

narcissus

Merry spring yellow flowers, mandatory in every garden, actually contain toxic substances in roots and flowers. It could happen to accidentally eat the roots of Narcissus, because it looks like the onion. Unfortunates who eat narcissus experience vomiting, cramps and diarrhea.

  •  Wormwood

arthemisia absithum

This very interesting wild plant has interesting shaped longitudinal leaves and small white flowers. The whole plant is poisonous, but mostly the poison is concentrated in the root. Since the root is very similar to parsnips, confusion can occur. Toxin contained in wormwood causes severe and painful twitching, vomiting and muscle tics. Whoever survives poisoning bitterness remains lifelong health problems such as amnesia.

  • Belladonna, wild tobacco

poisonous plants

This plant is often found in the fields and boundaries and have recognizable leaves with dark green and white flowers with a strong scent and has interesting black berries. But the whole plant contains potent toxins, including Atropine which is strongest. If you eat enough berries, poison acts quickly attacking the nervous system and paralyzes the body. Name belladonna means “beautiful lady” and this plant was used long ago for poisoning of kings and nobles.

  •  Castor oil

poisonous plants

This is a very popular plant, grown for seeds and it makes interesting oil. It is also grown as a decorative plant. But despite the interesting features it contains very strong poison – ricin. Poison is very concentrated in the seeds, if ingested more seeds suddenly experiencing nausea, vomiting, internal bleeding, kidney failure, and death.

  • Oleander

most poisonous plants

It grows in almost all courts, cities as a decorative plant, but is considered one of the most venomous plants of the world. This plant is very attractive because it prevents erosion, grows fast, has colorful decorative flowers and is not attacked by animals. There’s a reason why. All parts contain toxins, and several different types of toxins. Toxins are so strong, that human can be poisoned if you eat honey that the bees collected from the nectar of oleander. It is so toxic that if a person ate only one leaf of oleander will feel diarrhea, vomiting, severe pain, turning, irregular heartbeat that often ends with death.

Related posts

The Best Animated Movies Of All Time

The Best Animated Movies Of All Time

If you make a retrospective of what reminds you of your childhood, probably one of the things that marked the period when you were growing is an animated movie. Animated movies constantly keep quality and always attract the audience's attention. We present you the best animated movies of all...

Easy Summer Alcoholic Drinks & Cocktails

Easy Summer Alcoholic Drinks & Cocktails

With the summer almost here, people start looking for new summer alcoholic drinks to try. Summer is the perfect season for spending time with your family and friends, outside, having fun on the sun, drinking refreshing cocktails. The recipe of perfect summer alcoholic drinks is mixing alcohol...

Different Types Of Tattoos

Different Types Of Tattoos

Recent research has shown that one out of four people aged 18 to 30 has at least one tattoo on the body. Tattooing is very popular among both men and women, and even though many people believe that men are getting more tattoos, the latest study has shown that even 65 percent of tattooed people...