The Benefits You Get From Writing Poems for Him
Poetry like all arts educates, inspires and cleanses, sometimes even more for the writer than for the reader. In this day and age, poetry is making quite a comeback due to social media, text messages and, of course, the internet.
The exploration of your own feelings and thoughts is a great exercise for your creativity. This process makes you a lot sharper and the more you explore your well of imagination the quicker it fills up again. There are a lot of benefits you can get from writing poems for him, below are listed some of them.
1. Cognitive function. When you’re writing poetry you begin to learn new words and you’ll never find yourself without a Thesaurus. It improves communication because you can better articulate your own feelings and thoughts.
2. Healing emotional pain. When you lose a loved one, the grief you feel is one of the most painful emotions we as humans experience, but it’s also a great inspiration for writing the most impactful poetry and you get over the feeling of grief relatively quick. You will pay a great tribute to the ones you lost and you’ll feel better in the end.
3. Greater self-awareness. When you sit down and start to write poetry, you will start to think about the things that make you deeply happy or deeply sad. This is a very good way to gain insight on our own lives and become a better person with each sitting to write poetry.
4. It’s a gift of inspiration or education to others. At times, we may feel lonely in this world, but we aren’t. This is why when writing poetry we search for answers of our own questions and we might help somebody answer their own. No matter how different we are, all of us are struggling with some sort of a problem that another person can help us with. This is why we share poetry, so we can give inspiration or education to others.
5. Poetry helps us celebrate! There are some things in this world when celebrating a cake, flowers or balloons just don’t cut it. For example, falling in love, proposing, when your children are born, their birthdays. These are among the things that are the most emotionally powerful and when we write about them, later in life when reading them we can experience them all over again.