Joel Osteen: Who’s The Man Behind 5 New York Times Bestselling Books
Joel Osteen is one of the most popular and influential pastors in America and around the world. Although he has a modest and quietly personality, his belief in the ‘prosperity gospel’ is so intense that it is changing the way many people pray.
Joel Osteen is an American author, minister and the senior pastor of the largest protestant church in the U.S. He was born in March 5, 1963 in Texas and is considered today one the most watched inspirational figure in America. Every week, Joel Osteen proclaim God’s messages of encouragement and hope to over 38,000 attenders. His weekly preach is transmitted into every TV market in the U.S. where it is viewed by millions of Americans. Joel Osteen weekly preach is also seen in over 100 countries over the globe.
In 2004, his first book, ‘Your Best Life Now’, was released appearing at the top of the New York Times bestsellers list and sun became the #1.
Osteen was one of six children of John Osteen and Dolores Pilgrim. His father – who was a former Southern Baptist pastor – is the founder of the Lakewood Church, of which Osteen is the actual senior pastor. Osteen studied television and radio communication in the Oral Roberts University in Tulsa. And unlike many think, he did not receive any degree from a divinity school.
Osteen’s father tried to encourage him to preach for many years, but instead he preferred to work behind the scenes. It was in January 17, 1999, when he finally decided to accept his father’s suggestion and preach his first sermon. His father past way six days later. After Joel Osteen took front of the church, the number of attendance grew from 5,000 to 43,000.
As mentioned before, nowadays the Lakewood Church services are seen in more the 100 nations and Osteen has been selected by Barbara Waters – an American journalist who has hosted morning TV shows – as one of her ’10 most fascinating people of 2006′.
Joel Osteen married Victoria Iloff – his co-pastor in the Lakewood Church in April 4, 1987. Together they have a son, Jonathan, and daughter, Alexandra.
- Your Best Life Now: 7 Steps to Living at Your Full Potential – released in 2004.
- Your Best Life Begins Each Morning: Devotions to Start Every Day of the Year – released in 2008.
- Good, Better, Blessed: Living with Purpose, Power and Passion – released in 2008.
- Become a Better You: 7 Keys to Improving Your Life Every Day – released in 2009.
- Hope for Today Bible – released in 2009.
- It’s Your Time : Activate Your Faith, Achieve Your Dreams, and Increase in God’s Favor – released in 2010.
- Living in Favor, Abundance and Joy – released in 2010.
- Every Day a Friday: How to Be Happier 7 Days a Week – released in 2012.
- I Declare: 31 Promises to Speak Over Your Life – released in 2013.
- Break Out!: 5 Keys to Go Beyond Your Barriers and Live an Extraordinary Life – released in 2013.
- You Can, You Will: 8 Undeniable Qualities of a Winner – released in 2014.